Honey’s Bad Hair

Honey Hamster is a beautiful honey-colored guy. He was still a baby when I brought him home from the pet shop but the longer soft hair around this tail end indicated that he was known as the popular “Teddy Bear” breed. My grandson’s hamster had the same kind of coat and we occasionally give Jack a hair cut so he remains handsome.

Honey, however, is not just a little cross breeding of Teddy Bear Hamster; he is all long, beautiful honey-colored fur. Well, he is beautiful 98% of the time. The other 2% of the time, Honey has a very frazzled look about him. Humans call the look an uncomplimentary term: bed head.

While Honey sleeps, he blends right in with the bedding in the habitat. His fur spreads out every which way and the wood shavings he digs into hides him. When he gets up—the wood shavings are sticking to him every which way. It amazes me that within about 10 minutes, he is all neat and tidy.

Frazzled with the cares that surround us, we can actually look just as frazzled as Honey. Worrisome thoughts reveal themselves on our countenance. Sometimes I am guilty of “pasting on a smile” and moving forward. Our inner person remains frazzled. How much better it is to release the frumpy spirit and renew the inner man. Paul encouraged the Believers in Corinth: “. . . for which cause [the glory of God] we faint not; for though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.” II Corinthians 4:15-16

Every time Honey gets out of his bed, he looks frumpy and frazzled. Every day we rise frumpy not only in body, but spirit. I don’t know what magic Honey uses to get handsome so quickly, but I know that the renewed spirit in me is renewed and refreshed by prayer and Bible reading. Don’t let your day be a “bad hair day” because you neglected to feed your spirit.

Advertisements

1 Comment

  1. Glenda

    Another great lesson taught by Honey! His grooming routine must be very precise, just as ours should be in order to stay spiritually astute.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: